Credits

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Death of a loved one!

It was just recently that I went to the province to attend my grandmother's funeral. She is the sister of my maternal grandmother. Her name was Dolores or better known to us as "LOLA LOLING". She was the older sister of my grandmother. Our families have always been close to their family that is why her death has made a large impact on all of us.

She was the grandma who was a beauty queen in her younger years, a teacher, a good dancer and a wonderful sister. She devoted her life in taking care of her children and grandchildren. She was the grandmother who rose after any adversity thrown her way.

When they talk about their times together as sisters my grandmother and lola Loling it had always fascinated me specially when they talk about the past-- during the second world war. Yes you heard me right they were a product of that war. My grandma would always remember the times when they had to hide behind the coconut tree when the jets or whatever those planes were called in those days would let off rapid firing. Each of them would hide behind coconut tree praying that they would not be hit. Since my grandmother was the youngest she would often take refuge together with the other siblings and she would hide with the oldest sister but she would send her away then here comes Lola Loling who would take her in her arms and shield her from harm. This story would always enter my mind everytime I looked at lola loling inside the casket. It breaks my heart so to see my uncle and cousins in such pain moreso when I look at my own grandmother and see how painful it was for her to deal with.

Those two have always played jokes with each other and it makes me laugh remembering some of them. At every party the other is always present to celebrate so it is indeed a great loss for all of us to have lost such a wonderful grandmother. Right now I shudder everytime my mind would wander to the what if my own grandma goes..... Even now my mind can't wrap around the image of her going.

But I know that lola Loling is already at peace with lolo Tobal as what her husband was known.He past away a long while ago due to cancer but I'd like to think that he was there waiting for her as they would enter heaven.

No comments: